live 22 download_ตารางบอลวันนี้ _สล็อตฟาโร gclub

Below is a list of the construction-related permits that the City administers. These permits are grouped in the order you are likely to need them.

  1. Start your project here - these are the permits that you will need for most projects. Not sure if you need a permit at all? Read when you need a permit
  2. Get these permits next - these are permits you need for most types of projects, but you typically need one of the core permits (development, development-building, or building permits) first.
  3. Trades and system-specific permits - these are permits for specific systems such as electrical and plumbing.
  4. Other permits - these are the kinds of permits you need once your project is just about finished.

The City is here to help

Call or visit the Development and Building Services Centre with questions or concerns about your permit application. Our staff will help you determine which permits you need, and help navigate you through the process, so you can speak to your contractor with confidence.

Start your project here

Building permit

Building permits in Vancouver are usually required for building or renovating. Read the requirements, learn about the bylaw, and download the application.

Development permit

There are different types of development permits in Vancouver for different situations. Read the specifics, download the forms, and find contact info.

Get these permits and approvals next

Alternative solutions

Alternative solutions (“equivalencies”) allow for flexibility in building construction. Read the requirements, view the fees, and more.

Demolition permit

Demolishing a building in Vancouver often requires at least one permit. Find out the requirements for your project, including for reusing and recycling demolition materials.

Field review

Field reviews are an alternative permit-issuing process for small renovation projects which require a building permit. Learn more here.

Fire hydrant use permit

If you need to use a fire hydrant for a specific purpose, such as construction or filming, you will need a fire hydrant use permit. Find out what other requirments you must meet.

Fire Safety Plan

The fire safety plan is one of the most important documents to prepare and maintain for the safety of occupants and for the lifetime of the building.

Noise bylaw exception permit

A noise bylaw exception permit allows construction outside of the specified hours. Download the form, view the bylaw, find the fees, and more.

Tree removal permit

This permit allows you to take out, move, or replace trees on your property. View the requirements, download the form, find contact information, and more.

Wastewater discharge permit (groundwater and contaminated sites)

This permit covers contaminated groundwater discharge during construction. Read the requirements, view the bylaw, download the application.

Trades and system-specific permits you will need

Electrical permit

You will need an electrical permit to perform most electrical work except for replacing switches, bulbs, and making minor repairs to an installation covered by an existing annual electrical permit.

Fire sprinkler permit

You will need a fire sprinkler permit to install a new or make changes to an existing fire sprinkler system.

Plumbing and gas permits

You will need a plumbing permit and gas permit to install, change, or upgrade any part of a plumbing or gas system.

Water and sewer connection permits

Find out how to apply for permits to connect your new home, laneway house, or other building with the City of Vancouver's water, sanitary, and storm sewer services.

Other permits you may need

Occupancy permit

An occupancy permit is needed for most new buildings, and for some existing buildings. The permit confirms the building is safe and complies with bylaws and building codes.

Residential building lockbox permit

Make it easy for firefighters and rescue workers to enter your building during an emergency: store your keys in a building lockbox.

Re-occupancy permit

A re-occupancy permit is needed for a building which had been declared unsafe. Read the requirements, download the form and more.

Underground storage tank removal or abandonment permit

Underground storage tanks that haven't been used for two years must be removed. Find out the benefits of removing a UST, how to detect one on your property, and how to get a permit to remove it or safely abandon it in place.

Contact the Development and Building Services Centre about building and zoning

 The Services Centre and Phone Centre will close for the Christmas holidays at 3pm on Monday, December 24 and will reopen at 8:30am on Wednesday, January 2, 2019.


Location and mailing address
Development and Building Services Centre
Ground floor
515 West 10th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V5Z 4A8

Monday, Wednesday, Friday
8:30am to 4:30pm

Tuesday, Thursday
8:30am to 4:00pm

Free 2-hour parking
West 10th Ave parking lot,
between Cambie and Yukon

Business permits

Need a permit for your business?

Go to the Doing Business section of the website.

Business licenses and permits

Traffic management

Traffic control for road construction

Find out about the traffic control measures needed when doing construction or maintenance on or next to City streets.